Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Christmas Wreath DIY for $10 Tutorial

Merry Christmas! 



It's time to get into the holiday spirit. I thought it would be a great idea to get some arts and crafts projects in, and this was so much fun I had to make it for you!

Let's begin!

First, you will need:

- Hot glue gun & mini sticks
- Christmas balls ornaments - about 6 packs
- Metal Wreath
- Wreath Hook
- Bling wrap
- Scissors



I started by warming up the hot glue gun and opening up all the ornament packs. I had three different sizes, which I think looked pretty good. I decided to use the smallest ones in the back row. I really like the combination of the white and gold. When I went once around the wreath with ornaments and hot glue, I made adjustments by pushing the ornaments together and reinforcing with more glue.

I wanted to use the largest ornaments for the top row and I made sure I had enough to spread throughout the wreath by buying more for my own tree and setting them aside in case I needed them This gave me the freedom to try more sizes. By using a couple sizes, this allowed me to fill up the wreath without too many gaps in between the ornaments.

in FULL crafting mode!

I glued the inner row first and let that dry. I went again and added a second touch of glue. Actually more like tons of globs of glue. 

Seriously, half of these DIY YouTube videos make this look too easy, and too painless. I had hot glue hair strands stuck all over. I just recommend to keep going and just pull them all off at the end rather than as you go.

Then I went to see which ornaments felt loose and added more glue.

1 down, 2 to go!
I was able to get three rows to go all the way around with little gaps. After, I could have added more but I felt really excited by the simplicity of all the ornaments by themselves.

I tried to make this easier on myself.

I also changed out the plastic covering to paper. The plastic melts fast when the hot glue or the hot tip of the glue gun touch the surface.

I tried to flip the wreath over to glue better. It seemed to help a lot!

I used a lot of glue. I also think its a good idea to wait until everything has dried up, and see how the wreath fits with the hanger. The hanger tends to push things out of whack. For me, the hook pushed two of the Christmas balls out of place.

Overall, I was so excited I took a bunch of pictures and almost called it a day!

Wow!! So shiny!!
But, then I  realized I can add a little something extra. 

I took one of my bling wraps - one with self adhesive that I also bought at Dollar Tree. I lined the center of the wreath hook and went down the middle of it with some hot glue to seal in place.  

I tried a few other versions where I added some extra ornaments that I bought at Dollar Tree. 

Dollar Tree has AMAZING ornaments this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment